Towards Sustainable Hydrogen Economy – WFEC Accelerator session 1.6.2023
Hydrogen Cluster Finland is organizing a physical all-day World Circular Economy Forum Accelerator session on June 1st at Helsinki Central Library Oodi. In addition, BotH2nia network is organizing an evening event on 1 June and site visits around Helsinki on 2 June.
Sustainable Hydrogen Economy delivers performance on the sustainability and circularity and promotes an economy that minimizes environmental impact and encourages the reuse of resources. Clean Hydrogen is a key investment for the energy transition, hard-to-abate industries and transport sector.
Hydrogen is an old invention, but increasingly discussed today. Although Hydrogen has been a known energy source for more than two centuries, it will be one of the main cornerstones of the future energy system. Clean Hydrogen economy is thought as a sunrise industry which would contribute to reducing energy consumption and emissions, as well as stimulating economic growth and bringing new jobs.
With one of the cleanest national energy mix, a rapidly increasing share of renewable energy, abundant water resources and high-level technological readiness of the industry, Finnish forerunners are well positioned to benefit from global hydrogen opportunities.
“Towards Sustainable Hydrogen Economy”
Organizer: Hydrogen Cluster Finland
Time: 1.6.2023 at 8.30-16
Registration: Registration is closed. You can contact Pia Salokoski (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask if there are still available seats.
- Morning coffee at 8.30
- 09.00 Opening of the event, Petri Peltonen, Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Employment and Economy
- Role of Hydrogen in climate change mitigation, Stefan Rahmstorf, Co-Head of Research Department on Earth System Analysis of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) and Professor of Physics of the Oceans at the University of Potsdam
- The role of Hydrogen in net zero emission targets – global perspective, Simo Säynevirta, ABB
- Inflation Reduction Act of the U.S. and its implications – initial observations from a Finnish perspective – Mikko Puustinen, Ministerial Adviser, Unit for EU and International Affairs, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- The Hydrogen Market: the Current State and Pathways to Acceleration, Salah Mahdy, Global Director – Hydrogen, Howden & Chart Industries Chair – Industry Working group of Hydrogen Europe
- Lunch at 12.00
- Why invest in Finland, Panel discussion
- Tuukka Hartikka, Helen; Pia Erkinheimo, Climate Fund; Markku Kivistö, Business Finland; Sara Kärki, Gasgrid
- Moderator Riitta Silvennoinen, St1
- Comment speech, Riitta Silvennoinen, St1
- BalticSeaH2 Valley, CLIC Innovation, Estonian Hydrogen Cluster
- Technology companies and start ups in the Hydrogen Economy, Panel discussion
- Erkko Fontell, Convion; Marko Virkebau, Stargate; Marko Niskanen, QPower; Asla Koskinen, Siemens; Anne Särkilahti, Hytrade
- Moderated by Joonas Laitila, UPM
- End of the Event at 16.00
This event is an Accelerator Session at the World Circular Economy Forum 2023 (www.WCEF2023.com).