25 August, 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at H2 Cluster Finland (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices regarding your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy notice describes how we might use your information if you:
- visit our website at www.h2cluster.fi.
- engage with us in other related ways – including any sales, marketing, or events
In this privacy notice, if we refer to:
- “Website”, we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy
- “Services”, we are referring to our Website, and other related services, including any sales, marketing, or events.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following: name, company, email address.
Information automatically collected
In short: Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device information (such as system activity, error reports and hardware settings).
- Device Data: We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other devise you use or access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and /or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location data: We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device.
2. How do we use your information?
In short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information of these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interest, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and /or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Website.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with Services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal obligations: we may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Vital interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Other third-party service providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include data analysis, email delivery, and hosting services.
We may allow selected third parties to uses tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages, or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
In short: We only share information with the following categories of third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following categories of third parties. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the section below titled “How can you contact us about this notice?”
- Data analytics services
- Website hosting service providers
- Data storage service providers
- Performance monitoring tools.
6. How long do we keep your information?
In short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless longer retention period is required or permitted by law. No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 90 days.
We have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. How do we keep your information safe?
In short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
8. Do we collect information from minors?
In short: We do not knowingly collect data or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. What are your privacy rights?
In short: you have rights that allow you access and control over your personal information.
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, to request rectification or erasure, to restrict the processing of your personal information, and if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
if we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing ground other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
10. Controls for do-not-track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal you privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be traced online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. Do we make updates to this notice?
In short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
12. How can you contact us about this notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Kristiina Kaski, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to H2 Cluster Finland c/o Teknologiainfo Teknova Oy, Eteläranta 10, FI-00130 Helsinki, Finland.
13. How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request or review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact email@example.com